Daniel Bochsler - Teaching
Information sheet with regards to diploma exams at the University of Zurich (Lizentiatsprüfungen)
Democratisation and authoritarian regimes
- Ethnic conflicts, peace-building and democratization
Research seminar, MA, University of Zurich, autumn 2014 and spring 2015 (with Miriam Hänni).
- Democratisation and its enemies
Workshop, PhD, Universities of Zurich and Lucerne, spring 2014 (with Philippe Schmitter and Saskia Ruth).
- Authoritarianism in a comparative perspective
Seminar, MA, University of Zurich, autumn 2012.
- Democratisation: Revolutions and the liberalisation of authoritarian regimes
Seminar, MA, University of Zurich, autumn 2011, autumn 2013.
- Elections, parties and representation in young democracies
Seminar, BA, University of Zurich, spring 2012, 2013.
- Democratisation: Political transition and consolidation of democracies
Lecture, BA, University of Zurich, autumn 2011, 2012, 2014.
- Democracy in multi-cultural societies
Lecture, BA, University of Zurich, spring 2010 (with Nenad Stojanović),
Lecture, BA, University of Fribourg, spring 2010 (with Nenad Stojanović).
- Comparative politics with focus on Central and Eastern European politics
Lecture, University of Fribourg, autumn 2007.
Institutions, elections and political behaviour
- Representation and political behaviour
Research colloquium, PhD, University of Zurich, spring 2013, autumn 2013, spring 2014, autumn 2014 (with Marco Steenbergen and Denise Traber).
- Elections and electoral laws. Switzerland in comparison
Seminar, MA, University of Zurich, autumn 2013.
- Elections and representation
Lecture, BA, University of Zurich, spring 2011.
Lecture, BA, University of Zurich, spring 2009 (with Romain Lachat).
Comparative Politics, other
- Swiss federalism in a comparative perspective
Seminar, BA, University of Geneva, winter 2005-2006.
- Methods II / Advanced Quantitative Analysis
Seminar, MA program in Comparative and International Studies (MACIS), University/ETH Zurich, spring 2009 (with Romain Lachat, Markus Stierli).
- Research design (PhD workshops of the “Regional Research Promotion Programme Western Balkans” and the “Academic Swiss Caucasus Net”)
Five workshops October 2008-September 2011, in Sarajevo, Skopje, Tbilisi, Belgrade, Yerevan (with different co-trainers: Simon Hug, Lucas Leemann, Stefanie Walter, Achim Kemmerling, Gabriele Ruoff).
- Introduction into methodology in political science
Lecture, BA, University of Zurich, spring 2009.
Exercises, BA, University of Zurich, spring 2008.
- Quantitative Research in Comparative Politics
Seminar, MA program in Research Design and Data Analysis, University Babeș-Bolyai, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, November 2008.